Plants - Seedlings
I hope you find these information sheets helpful
as a basic guide.
GIVING YOUR `BABIES' A MIRACLE
NO 2 - BABY PLANTS - PLUGS
1. Always make sure that the compost your 'Babies' are in
is moist, but never over wet.
2. When you get them home, keep the pots in a light, frost
free position - if this is a window sill turn the pots around
once a day to avoid lopsided plants. At night if it is going
to be very cold take the pots away from the window sill.
POTTING - ON:
3. When you are ready the 'Baby' plants should be potted into
fresh compost in a bigger pot of tray before they are potted
into their final container, tub or basket.
4. Fill the container or pot with a suitable compost such
as Multipurpose compost. Do not firm this down or water at
this point.5. Note the existing mesh pot around the 'Baby'
plant should not be removed before transplanting. Only solid
sided pots should be removed.
6. Make a hole in the centre of the compost and transplant
the 'Baby' plant into it. Do not firm the compost around the
plants at this point.
7. When the plants have all been transplanted place containers
on a flat surface and water the plants into the compost. No
further watering should then be applied until the plants have
rooted to the sides of the new containers or the surface of
the new compost really appears to be drying out.
8. Once the plants have established into the new compost then
they should be fed and watered regularly - at least once a
week in the early part of the season and then more frequently
as they continue to establish with Miracle Gro 15-30-15 Plant
Food with Trace Elements for excellent results.
in association with: Baby plants UK Ltd
Back to the top
West Carlston Garden Centre & Tea
Room, Campsie Road, Torrance, Glasgow, G64 4EZ
Tel: 01360 620248 -:- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org